Friday, January 13, 2012

1st of many

So our 1st Disney trip has come and gone. Everyone had a great time. Things we realized while we were there:

We need a cheap double stroller. We were to scared to leave our "good" stroller at stroller parking, the buggy board is great but at the end of a long day at Disney both kids want to sit. Plus to put a big stroller on the bus is a pain in the bum!

Next time hand sanitizer is a MUST. I had not realized until after we left with 1 sick kid that we went on rides, ate and then went back to rides without ever washing our hand...gross! Not to mention that Savannah is still putting her hands in her mouth, then Pap told us Austin had his tongue on a poll.

You need several trips to truly see Disney.

Showers should be taken at night, so you are not in the room any longer than you have to in the morning.

So on to the trip. I don't have that many pictures, but there is always next time. We got there Friday night and headed straight to Magic Kingdom, Road a few rides had dinner and then home we went. With standing in line you really don't have that much time. The first "ride" was actually a 20 minute show. Pap, Ama and I who stayed out with Savannah had no Idea, finally someone heard us talking, You know what did they do with our family kinda thing and they kindly came over and let us know it was a show! We then found music playing, so off we went to occupy ourselves while waiting. Savannah was dancing the entire way over...then we got there and she stopped dead in her tracks...Stitch and the chipmunks were there. She wanted no part of it. Anyway the first night was a success. Each afternoon we took the kids back to the room for naps, Austin fought everyday and only slept 1 day, Valerie was willing and only on 1 day did Savannah fight it.
Ama trying to get Savannah to such luck
Over the next couple of days we visited each of the parks always ending back at Magic Kingdom for the kids at night, hoping to see the parade however we never actually saw the parades.

We got to see several Characters, however we didn't happen to see any princess until the last day when Savannah was sick and literally attached to me via sling and literally getting sick on me every few minutes, fun times.
What is Valerie doing in the back ground??

Valerie was pretty excited to get all the Character autographs. We had to put some off for next time, the lines get so long.

Mini accadently kissed Savannah's "pretty" (what she calls her berets), she talked about it all day

Austin was pretty excited to see Buzz, had I realized where he was, we would have let him wear his Buzz costume

Valerie's birthday was the same day as my marathon, we celebrated by taking them to the Terex restaurant, I believe she had fun. She was pretty upset with me...apparently she thought I "made" her go on a roller coaster. But she must have blocked out the fact that Pap took her arm and said you are going...Not me...Thanks Pap.

I was pretty content hanging out watching the kids and Rob enjoy the rides, and hanging with Savannah when she couldn't go. I took her to get her face painted one of the days. Everyone went off to ride some rides she couldn't. I was taking her to do somethings when every line we went to was max load (mermaid show) Break time (Handy Mandy), and some other Disney character I didn't know, then a music show which ended as soon as we sat down (we later saw it at the end of the day). I felt so bad for her. She loved her face paint so much. That afternoon she cried herself to sleep (she just didn't want to nap). When she woke up of course it was 95% gone, we all had to tell her a white lie that it was still present. Daddy was not allowed to kiss that side of her face, it was for the frog only.

Ama was most excited about the tea cups...she had everyone excited about them by the time we got there.
On the last night we were there in the middle of the night Savannah called out to me for help. It was the worse felling to open her tent and smell something awful and then discover that she had gotten sick in the thing. She ended up needing a bath at 4am. We were hoping it was because Pap was feeding her late into the night...she was sneaking out of the bed while we were loading the car, Pap thought we knew she was up. But no such luck, on the bus ride from the resort to the park, yup you guessed it she puked all over the front of me! Austin and Valerie kinda got upset because I said we had to go home. In the end we stayed a little she just slept on my chest and I sat in a rocking chair while the others did their promised rides and then we were home bound.
On the Safari ride...everyone had a blast

No comments: