Sunday, January 3, 2010

Downingtown visit


So after I was done work on the Sunday after Christmas we headed down to Downingtown to spend time with Valerie and the rest of the family.
The first half was spent with Beam and Poppy. We all had a good time, but I think Austin had the best time. Benjamin and Maddie came over to play several times. When we were on our way down he kept saying "we will see if Benjamin is there, we will see". Beam and Poppy got Austin a "Grow a frog" The entire time Austin thought it was a game and everyday kept asking everyone to play grow a frog. We are sending away for the frog tomorrow, he should have fun with it.
Valerie got to open her gifts at Beam and Poppy's house I think she really liked all her gifts, she spent a lot of the time watching her Charmed box sets.
Beam watched the kids so Rob and I could go out to dinner and Savannah decided she wanted to stay up and have Beam walk with her instead of going to bed.
Next it was off to Nanny and Poppy's. Everyone had a good time here as well. Austin and Valerie played with Olivia. Olivia is starting to feel comfortable with Savannah and is even playing with her. The best part is Uncle Rob use to have her trained to say Uncle Rob is my favorite, but guess what?? When he asked her this time, I really think she wanted to say Aunt Amy is my favorite. While she never answered him she kept looking at me and smiling. I can at least hope.
Rob and I went out for New Years while the kids stayed with Nanny and Poppy. All of the kids even Savannah stayed up to see the ball drop. Which I guess never really happened. Austin seemed pretty upset about this. But who went to bed at 8:00?? I think we know without saying.
Valerie got an mp3 player from Nanny and Poppy and spent the rest of the time listening to music. She really is becoming a pre-teenager.

No comments: